Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tresspassing on Southfork


A lot of travels lately. I went to Dallas for some work and brought Towe and Johan (two students) with me. Apart from working we did som R&R as well; shopping, dining, trespassing... Yes, trespassing! The famous Southfork ranch from the Dallas TV-series is still a place were tourists gather in masses to spend money on Cliff Barnes coffee mugs, JR T-shirts and to take pictures of that big, white house. We left the office around 4:00 PM and arrived 5:05 PM. The place closes at 5:00 PM! We decided we needed to take a picture of the house at least and strolled 20 meters from the parking lot to a fence and took some pictures. We were maybe 200 meters away from the house itself.

We were walking back to the car when Towe, one of the students said "The farmer´s coming". An old man in cowboy boots, blue jeans and a Stetson hat was running to a big tractor, jumped into the driver´s seat and came towards us in high speed. He ran through flower beds, bushes and everything. "Oops", I thought. The tractor skidded to a stop just a couple of meters from my rental, the angry old man yelled at me in heavy Texas accent "Don´t cha know you it´s against the law to trespass on private property, son!". "I am sorry, Sir. We got here as you were closing and decided to take some pictures. Won´t happen again!", I replied. He muttered some bad words and drove off.

So, now I am known as a dangerous outlaw in Texas, USA! I must buy a Stetson hat and start chewing tobacco to maintain my new image!
The entrance to the "famous" ranch.

The crazy cowboy farmer driving away after our intermerzzo (Towe´s papparazzi photo!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Ingemar Svensson TRAVELMAP :