Sunday, October 25, 2009

In Singapore

What a nice place! +30 degrees Centigrade, sunny, great food and nice people. I think my wife would like it here, the Singaporeans seem to be crazy about candy, cakes, donuts and biscuits etc; every 10 meters there is a candy shop, coffee shop, chocolateria, ice cream parlour or similar. Amazing.

Yesterday I was walking around the Marina Bay area, it took four hours and when I look at the map I understand I have seen only a little piece of Singapore. I am pleasantly surprised by this city. For lunch I had some delicious stuffed Tau Pok, i.e fried Tofu stuffed with minced pork (a typical Singaporean dish I believe) and Thai Kwae Teow noodles with two cold bottles of Tiger beer. Yes! Then I went back to the hotel to rest!

At nightfall I went to China Town, a 15-minute walk from the hotel (along Hill Street past the river). On my way there I saw a martial arts exhibition in a public park; five-year olds were doing katas on the stage. Fun to watch. China Town was busy with street mongers, shopping tourists and locals on their ways to restaurants. I did not feel attacked by he sales people as in many other places, they are way less aggressive here. After a coffee stop at Starbuck´s I went to the hotel to sleep. A nice Saturday...

Boat Quay by the Singapore river

Resting a while in the shadows

A lot of tall buildings here!

Merlion Park

Marina Bay

Raffle's City mall

Heat took its toll on these waitresses

One of trillion bakeries and coffee shops in Singapore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Ingemar Svensson TRAVELMAP :